Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, Argo Development Corporation is a leading land developer with a 20+ year history of creating some of the most vibrant and innovative communities in the GTA. As we continue to invest in properties, we are looking to grow our team with the addition of a Development Coordinator.
The role will be based in our Burlington head office. Resumes can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Development Coordinator you will assist with management of land development projects from acquisition to final assumption, supporting on all aspects of land development including budgeting, consultant management, obtaining approvals, registrations, etc. You will work cross-functionally with our internal team including project managers, finance & accounting, acquisitions and marketing. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to learn and grow your experience and interaction with numerous external partners including municipal governments, elected officials, architects, planners, legal teams, etc.
Responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with project scheduling and budgeting.
- Support management with municipal approvals: draft plans, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration etc.
- Obtain development approvals by working with multi-disciplined consultant teams and government authorities.
- Support the Project Managers with the engineering process including civil, landscaping, and utility drawing approval process.
- Support acquisitions and due diligence.
- Maintain appropriate records of approvals, engineering plans, permits etc. for each project.
- Stay current on industry and municipal standards.
- Attend meetings with consultants, council, etc., taking notes and sharing with project team.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Excellent judgment, strategic thinking, and forward planning.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization and outside.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and AutoCAD is recommended.
- As the position may involve travel to construction sites and consultant offices, a vehicle and a class ‘G’ license is required.
- Completion of a degree in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Real Estate Business and/or minimum of 5 years relevant work experience